· Toenail fungus is a common problem because it is extremely contagious. It is considered harmful due to the fact that it leads to discoloration and disfigurement of the toe; the two toes most commonly affected are the big and little toes.
· Toenails can easily crack and rupture because of the amount of wear and tear they sustain. Because a fungus likes
· Public areas such as public gyms and swimming pools are areas where moisture and dampness are prevalent, allowing for fungus to spread to your feet.
Shoes and Socks
· Wearing tight-fitting shoes and socks after exercise traps in moisture, allowing for the fungus to embed itself under the cracks of the nail.
· Medical conditions such as diabetes and poor circulation also contribute to toenail fungus.
· Some symptoms to watch for include a yellow or brown discoloration of the nail, a smelly debris under the affected nail, a nail that has become thick or nails that begin falling off.