• Being thoroughly educated on the causes and possible cures for nail fungus infections.
The Causes of Discolored Toenails
Discolored toe nails may be white, yellow, brown, green, or even black and all of these discolorations may be caused by a nail fungus infection of varying stages.
Stage 1: A discolored nail usually starts out with one or more white spots, typically near the edge of the nail, often indicating a fungal infection has begun.
Stage 2: Once the infection has progressed to the second of the three stages, more discoloration occurs and the nails may become brittle, cracked, split, and noticeably thicker.
Stage 3: During the final stage of fungal infections a discolored toenail may become deformed due to the crumbling and thickening of the nail causing considerable pain and discomfort. At this point, the infection will be rather difficult to treat although not impossible.
Other Causes of Discolored Nails may be:
• Injury to the feet, toes, or toenails,
• Repeated trauma such as through playing certain sports
• From blood collecting underneath the surface of the nail.
• Keeping the toenails covered in nail polish can lead to discolorations over time as well as an increased risk of fungal infections as the nail’s surfaces are deprived of essential oxygen.
Successfully Treating Discolored Nails
Successfully treating a discolored toe nail involves much more than getting rid of the yellow, brown, green or even black spots and streaks on the nails but also reaching the root of the problem to avoid a widespread fungal infection.
Prescription drugs for treating toenail fungus and crumbling, thickened, or discolored toenails are available but their success rates are questionable. In addition to troubling side effects such as:
• Skin Rashes
• Serious health problems include:
• Liver and kidney damage. This is the biggest reason so many turn to natural, home remedies.
Some people choose to treat their discolored toe nail with ordinary ingredients found throughout the home such as:
• White distilled or apple cider vinegar
• Essential oils like tea tree and Oregano essential oils.
Thickened or discolored toenails should be:
• Soaked twice per day: Soaking the infected toes in plain, warm water and then filing away the affected layers of the nail should also be done on a regular basis regardless of the actual treatment you decide to use.
• Kept clean
• Neatly trimmed at all times.
Also, always wear shoes in public places and especially where bacteria may be lurking such as in showers, locker rooms, gyms, and swimming pools. Keep the feet dry and in socks that will help to absorb moisture. I highly recommend cotton socks so that your feet can breathe.
While discolored toenails are annoying, embarrassing, and sometimes even painful, there are viable remedies to consider and learning as much as possible about each of them will allow you to make an informed decision, take immediate action, and enjoy clearer, healthier looking nails.
Healthy Nails are Important
Some people have pain, and have problems trying on shoes, staying active, or even, like the elderly, just getting around. Persons with thickened, hardened nails may also need a health professional to trim their nails regularly.
There are other important reasons to have clear, strong nails. You may not realize that nails protect and support the soft tissue of fingers and toes, affecting your ability to:
• Pick up or handle objects
• Maintain proper balance
Nail appearance can also tell a lot about your overall health. For example, a change in nail color may indicate you have a more serious condition such as anemia or heart disease. Fight nail fungal infections by using Healthy Nail Blend regularly and for as long as needed.
Healthy Nail Blend: 7 Powerful Essential Oils kill the fungi that causes toenail and fingernail infection – including Tea Tree and oregano. Each oil has properties to kill all types of infection, however, when blended together the synergy is amazing. #nailfungus #howtogetridofnailfungus #whatdoesdiscoloredtoenailsmean