Follow these important tips for safe outdoor fun:
- Wear thicker non-constricting socks.
- Wear comfortable fitting (never too tight) waterproof boots.
- Should your feet be exposed to cold and dampness for any prolonged period Do NOT put them in HOT water, near a flame (such as a fireplace) or use a heating pad.
- Instead soak them in Warm water at a constant temperature gradually allowing the feet regain their normal temperature.
- Be careful to not let the water get hot.
- Dry them thoroughly and repeat the process if necessary.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
With the winter chill setting in, the days of wearing open-toed shoes and dipping your toes into the pool may seem like a very distant memory. However, the cold months actually present us with an ideal opportunity to treat fungal toenails.
Toenail fungus requires treatment to resolve. Without treatment, it can lead to thick toenails that are difficult to trim, unsightly toenails, difficulty with proper shoe fit, or interfere with walking or exercise.
Please keep in mind that toenails grow rather slowly and all treatments affect the new nail as it is growing. Therefore, beginning treatment in these cold winter months will produce improved nails by summertime.
Can Probiotics Help Nail Fungus?
#treatnailfunguswinter #nailfungus #healthynailblend